Sunday, November 7, 2010

Careers

As my career opportunities begin to approach, I have plenty of options to explore. However, there are very few which suit my passions. I want to be able to work with animals (but not as a vet), be surrounded by farmland and nature, and be self-employed. The reason I have sided with a career as a farmer is mostly because I have grown up on a farm and it has become my passion.

Although a career as a farmer doesn't technically fit under the category of all my strengths, I am able to find different ways in which I may incorporate them into my future career.
My restorative strength will always help me better the business because I will push myself to solve all problems. Even though I'm sure some problems will be much easier to solve than others, the drive I have to find answers will help me to challenge myself with the harder problems in order to fix them.
Adaptability is actually a strength I have acquired from growing up on the farm. I learned that it is necessary to have a flexible schedule in order to run a farm. My adaptability strength will enable me to change my schedule according to the unforeseen happenings on the farm.
I will be able to use my developer strength with employees. By being able to identify people's strengths and helping them to apply them to the best of their ability, I will better my relationship with my employees while teaching them important skills.
Empathy will also help me in dealing with employees. I will be able to sense their emotions and do my best to make sure they are enjoying working on the farm.
Finally with my futuristic views I will have many ideas for the future. The ideas dreamt up could be very helpful when in a rut. Also, with different views I will be able to have a unique farm, not like the conventional ones.

In order to follow on my career path, I will need figure out my two minors for my Agricultural Sciences degree as well as take plenty of other agricultural classes that pertain to what I need to learn.
The biggest challenges I will be faced with is making sure I take enough classes and learn enough information needed to run my own farm. Although it seems as though making sure I apply my strengths to my career in order to be successful would be more challenging, I feel as though my strengths will come naturally. On the other hand, learning the information will not come naturally, it will be something I will need to put all my focus into.

No comments:

Post a Comment