Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gobble, Gobble!

Thanksgiving is almost here and we all know what that means...FOOD!! Actually, the best food of the season! It's crazy to think that Thanksgiving has come so soon. Although I must admit, I'm definitely ready for the week-long break!

The break will be a nice relaxing time off from focusing on school. Granted, I'm sure I'll still be studying over the holiday, but it won't be my number one priority. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from school and come back feeling rejuvenated and ready to tackle the rest of the semester! It's always exciting to go back and visit friends and family as well!

Tying in with my next topic, there are so many things to remember besides the food on Thanksgiving such as, what I am thankful for. Thanksgiving is simply a self-explanatory holiday, the time of giving thanks. Yes, cheesy as it may sound, it is important to remember what the holiday is actually about (even if the food is great). So, everyone take the time on the holiday to remember what it's about and be thankful. I know I am very thankful to be able to see my family as well as my boyfriend and his family over the holiday! Also, I am thankful for the much needed week-long break we have for Thanksgiving! There are plenty of other things I could name off, but then this would get too mushy.

Finally, Thanksgiving break also means food! I admit the food is great here at Tech, but there is nothing like a home-cooked thanksgiving meal! Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and the list goes on! I am always thankful for the food on Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment